#21 - 1986 290 - 2nd time around

Vital Stats

Model: 290
Date: March 1986
Technology: Instant-Lite
Mantles: 2
Fuel: Gasoline
Date Acquired: June 2017



Not much to say about the 290 as it is just a bigger version of the 288, and having the same dimensions of its predecessor, the 220K.  The real interesting part about this lantern is that it's the 2nd time I have owned it. 

I first purchased it in June 2017 and, deciding I had no use for it, sold it to a coworker.  Then, several months ago, I get an email from my coworker saying she was cleaning out, didn't end up using it, and offered to give it back to me. I remembered that it was in really good shape and decided sure, I'll take it off her hands again.

Nicknamed "The Powerhouse", the 290 was soon replaced by the 290A.  The main improvement being the removal of the globe cage.  The current 295A that is sold today is virtually identical to the 290A  except the generator is "dual fuel". 
 
*Here pictured with a 290A that I previously owned. Notice lack of globe cage.


Originally sold with a frosted, picket-fence pattern globe, I found mine with a replacement globe but was able to find an original globe recently to complete it. It also came with red case.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#30 - 1955 202 - Even a blind squirrel...

#9 - 1973 228H Gold Bond - Gold fever

#31 - 1965 Sears 416-7020 - Red Ted